Millennium Stadium (Blog One)
Robbie Shurmer (Info graphic Design)
Saskia Davies (Note Taker)
Tom Hanly (Head Blogger)
Ben Lee (Chair Person)
**Everyone has contributed to the overall goal**
Overview of the Millennium Stadium (Catering & Services they offer)
(You Tube, 2013)
The sector we selected was Sports & Equine Venues.
We selected the Millennium Stadium as a result of the vast events that it provides.
Ranges from many varied sports.
Must Play, Must Visit (Millennium Stadium, 1999).
• Opened In 1999
• On average, over 1.3 million visitors per year
• Sporting the first fully-retractable roof in the UK
• Leading edge as a multi-purpose, multi-faceted event venue
• Multiple concert modes
• London 2012 Olympics (football)
(Millennium Stadium, 1999)
Aim to overcome the main challenges in delivering a modern sport venue.
The Millennium Stadium is established as a world class must play, must visit venue and has played home to five major sporting bodies over the last eight years.
Challenges & Aims
1) Providing cost effective solutions
2) Provide a venue that will excite visitors and encourage visitor participation
3) Utilize modern technologies to enable an efficient operation
4) Provide a flexible infrastructure, allowing for future expansion and enhancements without the need to overhaul the complete infrastructure
5) Provide space and infrastructure to be able to install overlay systems allowing media requirements to be met
Partner & Sponsors
£1.3 billion of National Lottery money has been invested (http://www.millennium.gov.uk/).
Brains became the first Welsh company to appear on the Welsh National Jersey in 2004 signing to become the Official Sponsor of the Welsh National Rugby Team and Official Ale of the Millennium Stadium
Founded in 1882 Brains has grown to become the largest producer of real ale in Wales (http://www.sabrain.com/).
Carling is committed to providing the best service and products aiming to exceed customer expectations, committing over £10million in sponsorship to UK projects (http://www.carling.com/).
Leading Energy Company.
The agreement sees SWALEC extend its portfolio of over 1 million Welsh customers by providing the power to the Millennium Stadium, home of the Welsh Dragons (http://www.swalec.co.uk/).
SEAT UK continues a longstanding relationship as Official Car Supplier to the Millennium Stadium and WRU, providing management and officials with a fleet of SEAT vehicles to suit all purposes (http://www.seat.co.uk/).
Letheby & Christopher-
Compass Group is the world’s leading foodservice organisation; exclusive caterer at the Millennium Stadium.
The team have a wealth of experience and confidence that comes from successfully organising logistics and catering for all events held at the Millennium Stadium since opening in 1999 (http://www.compass-group.co.uk/).
(Millennium Stadium, 1999)